Floodlight Helipad Lighting System
- The Surface Floodlights are designed to satisfy all the ICAO required performances:
- they will provide the correct Touchdown and Lift-Off area illumination, as alternative or as integration of the perimeter lights, with a minimum of 10 cd/m2,
- the maximum height is 13cm, less than the required 25cm, to increase safety during hovering/ final approach operations,
- the two pivoting lamp holders provides the correct illuminations in any installation, aside from helipad shape and light positioning
- defenses on the lamp prevent the pilot from dazzling or direct light
- The floodlights are normally installed along the perimeter of the Touchdown and Lift-Off area. They can be fixed on a special base by means of screws or bolts, or directly to the ground and must be carefully oriented, in order to achieve the most effective spreading of the light.